Friday, March 26, 2010

Here burns my candle... Liz Curtis Higgs

I have to admit I don't often pick up a historical fiction & become enthralled in it's pages. However, this book held onto me. Follow the struggle of a down to earth highlander who marries above her station. Alone in so many ways- little in common with her mother-in-law, or sister -in-law, worshiping a secret god, far away from her family. As God works, & pulls her into a relationship she becomes a force to reckon with. Her new found faith in God gives her strength in the middle of a war, to become a pillar for her family. Liz weaves the story of Ruth against the backdrop or war-torn Scotland in a way that makes you feel as if you are walking the streets. So much that when reading the book to myself it had a tinge of a Scottish accent. :) Overall a good read, making me wish a sequel was available now. This book was provide for review by Waterbrook Multnomah Press Go here to get your copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment