Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Have Your way - Britt Nicole

Feels like I’ve been here forever Why cant You just intervene Do you see the tears keep falling And I’m falling apart at the seams But You never said the road would be easy But You said that You would never leave. And You never promised that this life wasn’t hard But You said that You’d take care of me. So I’ll stop searching for the answers I’ll stop praying for an escape And I’ll trust You God, with where I am And believe that You will have Your way Just have Your way Just have Your way When my friends & my family have left me And I feel so ashamed and so cold Remind me You take broken things And turn them into beautiful So I’ll stop searching for the answers I’ll stop praying for an escape And I’ll trust You God, with where I am And believe that You will have Your way Just have Your way Just have Your way Even if my dreams have died And even if I don’t survive I’ll still worship you with all my life So I’ll stop searching for the answers I’ll stop praying for an escape And I’ll trust You God, with where I am And believe that You will have Your way Just have Your way Just have Your way I know you will I wont forget You love me Have Your way. The song has struck a chord in my heart the past couple weeks. It amazes me how song lyrics can be so powerful. But then I guess words in general can do that. They can encourage, upbuild, bring comfort, or they can cause a death blow in one fell swoop. I need to make sure I choose my words carefully every time I open my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment