Friday, July 31, 2009

oh the joys...

the joys of being a housekeeper that is. Well, housekeeper, homemaker, keeper at home - to me they pretty much mean keeping a house looking like a home instead of a war zone. Right now, as I sit on my sofa in front of my AC, my house looks a bit like a war zone, or a disaster area, or if you are an avid "zits" fan, Jeremy's bedroom. As I look around, I see two laundry loads of wash on the floor waiting to be folded. Why, you ask is it on the floor? Well, that is the easiest place to fold it, as my kitchen table quadruples as a table, a sewing space, a mini greenhouse ( it hold my few houseplants) and a desk. The sewing space holds obviously the sewing machine, a 1/2 sewn dress, and various "needing repair" items. The green house part holds 3 houseplants that I have managed to keep alive ever since I got married nearly 9 months ago. The desk part, holds bills that I need to sit down & pay tonight, and the kitchen table part - well, it's actually cleaned off - at the moment. So, there are two loads of wash on the floor, Creative Memories table is in much need of attention, several pairs of shoes that have accumulated at the bottom of the stairs, a beach chair and umbrella that are waiting for my car to get out of the shop, a cookbook left discarded on the sofa for a later "look see", and all surfaces are in much need of dusting. I hearken back to the days when my mom used to tell me I'd make my life much easier if I would just put things away when I'm done with them - Mom, I now agree wholeheartedly! But, the real reason I am sitting in front of my AC is because I went outside to watter the plants in my porch flower pots (those flowers have been sitting on death row for the last several weeks, and I feel deep with in there is no more hope for a stay of execution) As I was watering them, I was observing the flowerbed that God waters for me. I noticed the weeds were getting quite greedy and only allowing the flowers mere peeking room, so I took action. When I was younger, I'm not sure how young, I made a pact with myself - never to become one of those women who (has a flowerbed or garden in the front yard) finds it practical to hike her posterior portion towards heaven. Imagine my predicament. It just rained today, hard. I have a bum knee, which puts squatting out of the picture. Not about to get myself all wet by kneeling, I did the unthinkable. I bent over, and wondered as the cars whizzed by, how many young impressionable girls vowed to never become me. So, the point of this story is, that I became quite hot, and quite lightheaded as i up and downed out there, that I now find it necessary to drink a glass of cold water, and inform the world that I have allot of work to do tonight, and I should start the disaster relief right about ....now.

No comments:

Post a Comment