Saturday, November 26, 2011

We do Thanksgiving..

It seems to have become a theme in my life.

Just doing.

Maybe because it is expected
Maybe out of mindless habit
Maybe as a way of avoiding thinking.
Whatever the reason, I'm ready for change.(and not the kind Obama promised)
I'm done doing Thanksgiving. I'm done looking at it as an event. That day that I "give thanks"
It needs to become my lifestyle.
While I somewhat revel in the melancholy part of my personality, it does not tend to lend itself to gratefulness.
Did you know you should brush your teeth for a full 3 minutes?

No this is not a rabbit trail...

Set the timer, pick up the tooth brush, and get busy. Brushing and making a list of all things you are thankful for. I would suggest a mental list over an audible one. Unless you enjoy cleaning your mirror and all things near your sink. In a week or two, you are sure to notice a difference. Both in your dental health, and the health of your "Thanksgiving attitude"



Just for Lucy & Duane.
You were represented here at thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! We were thought of. And it's orange. And the little munchkin wearing it makes my heart happy. -Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother suggested I might like this website.
    He used to be entirely right. This submit truly
    made my day. You cann't believe simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ... Knights N Squires Hack android download

    ReplyDelete